Our Pre-K curriculum focuses on elementary school preparedness. The Creative Curriculum framework drives our instruction in language, literacy, mathematics, creativity, and social and emotional wellness throughout this comprehensive year. Utilizing Orton Gillingham phonics instruction and Handwriting Without Tears, Pre-K children work on pre-reading and emergent reading skills throughout the year. There is also a strong focus on basic mathematics skills, including patterns, sorting, and number sense. Science is embedded in the curriculum through discovery and experimentation. We are play-based and use purposeful play to help children develop executive functioning and self-regulatory skills as they study the world around them, which includes studying our families and community. We are fortunate to have an outdoor classroom, a Gymnasium, and playground in which to explore the world around us. Our Pre-K teachers work closely with area Kindergarten teachers to ensure that all skill sets are met and Haygood Preschool children are well prepared to begin Kindergarten.
- Child must be 4 years old by September 1st of the upcoming year.
- The Pre-K curriculum focuses on Kindergarten readiness skills.
- This class has two experienced lead teachers.
- Class meets Monday through Friday from 9:00 am – 1:00 pm.
- Children in this class receive science, music, yoga and Spanish instruction throughout the year.
- Children in this class may participate in our After School Enrichments.