Haygood Weekday Children’s Ministries is committed to providing a safe, happy and healthy place for our children, families, and teachers to thrive. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we have made some changes to our programs in order to ensure the health and safety of everyone.
Drop Off and Pick Up
- Due to COVID-19, we are limiting access to adults inside the building. All drop-off and pick-up will temporarily take place outside of the building. We will have Haygood CDC/Preschool employees in place to conduct the drop-off process.
- CDC drop-off will be from 7:30AM-8:30AM and pick-up is from 5:00PM-6:00PM using the car pull lane for Infants through Pre-K. Please remain in your vehicle and we will meet you at your car. All individuals in the car will have to get their temperature checked prior to drop-off. If arriving outside of the scheduled car pull times, please call or text the CDC Emergency phone at 404-750-3444.
- Please remember all parents/ guardians are required to wear a mask during drop-off and pick-up. For drop-off and pick-up, please start the line by entering the parking lot. The line will go from the parking and then exit from the top of the parking lot to enter the roundabout.
If you have been in close contact with someone who has tested positive for Covid-19, Haygood WCM requires you to quarantine for 14 day since the last date of exposure prior to returning to school. Siblings of students exposed to a positive case can return to school after receiving a negative Covid-19 test taken within 3-5 days of their siblings date of exposure.
New Temperature Policy
Please be advised, the new temperature policy of 100.4 or greater applies to members of the entire household. If one child runs a temperature of 100.4 or greater while at home or at school, the student will be required to remain home until they are fever free without the use of fever reducing medication for 48hrs. Siblings are required to remain home for 24hrs.
New Safety Protocols
If you have been in direct contact with someone who has tested positive for Covid-19, Haygood WCM requires you to quarantine for 14 days prior to returning to school. Siblings of students
- Masks will be required for everyone over the age of 3.
- Teachers and administrators must remain symptom-free and will have daily temperature screenings and will be required to wear masks.
- We will have temperature checks at the door for all adults & children.
- We will limit access to the building – drop off and pick up will be at the Lobby door.
- There will be no shared amenities (classes will not overlap in any common areas and the playground will be cleaned between classes).
- Touch-Free soap and hand dispensers will be available throughout the building.
- We will have daily electromagnetic spray surface cleaning, in addition to our nightly cleaning company expanding their regular services.
Haygood will still use the same policy with administering medication. If your child has medication for the day, please inform us at drop-off so we can provide you with a medication authorization form. As always, we will not be able to administer medication without a signed form.
In accordance with the Center for Disease and Control, we are temporarily amending our sick policy for children with a temperature. During check-in, if a child or any member in the car has a temperature of >100.4 the student will not be allowed to join the school for the day. While at school, if a child has a fever of >100.4 they will be separated from their class and a parent/ guardian will be required to pick them up immediately. The student will be required to remain home until they are fever free without the use of fever reducing medication for 48hrs. Siblings are required to remain home for 24hrs. Upon returning to school, if the student’s temperature is still >100.4 they will be required to stay home for an additional 10 days.
Wearing a Mask
For anyone outside of a profession that requires wearing a mask, we all can understand how unfamiliar and foreign these past few months have felt. At school, your children ages three and up will wear a mask for several parts of the day with breaks in between for lunch and rest time for infants-Pre-K. Our teachers and staff will use positive reassurance and encouragement to help our kiddos feel comfortable wearing their masks. As a community, we all can assist with the “new normal.”
- With drop-off and pick-up taking place outside, a Haygood administrator will check your child in and out of Tadpoles each day.
- Please enter any notes for your child, including the infant feeding schedule for the day/week in Tadpoles.
- You will still receive pictures, videos, and other notifications from your child’s teachers via Tadpoles.
- If you have questions or concerns about your child at the CDC or the Hut throughout the day, please contact the CDC emergency phone at 404-750-3444 and an administrator will be able to assist you. If you have a specific question for your child’s teacher, you can also text it to the CDC emergency phone.
- If you are doing an early pick-up, please contact the CDC emergency number at 404-750-3444 so an administrator can get your child from their classroom.
- Pick-up 5:00 pm-6:00 pm.
- All outside providers such as speech therapy or tutoring will temporarily be suspended until further notice.